SYL’s Schoolmate is a student utility mobile application created to provide on demand content on Courses offered in Nigerian educational institutions. The third version of the student utility launches on OAU, UI, UNILAG and in August, 2018.
Schoolmate 3.0 is a custom student utility mobile application developed for any type of training organisation that seeks cutting edge technologies for optimal student satisfaction and impact. On deployment as a custom app, it enables all student and staff enjoy instant news feed, timetable notifications, instant messaging, course information, useful articles, advertisements and social media feeds.
In addition, this app allows student to get notification about their results, academic status and payment status. Whenever necessary, Schoolmate 3.0 also allows students to have access to their course materials via the eLearning module.
Parents or Guardian are also able to install the app as a performance alert system, granting them access to their wards studentship status in terms of grades and fees.
The mobile app also allows prospective students derive useful tips about their prospects, without a need to engage websites, handbills or posters. This helps training organisations cut the costs of adverts and promotions.
FEATURES (FOR TRAINING INSTITUTIONS)
- Connects seamlessly with existing IT framework
- Provides summarized up-to-date information about the institution for non-authenticated users
- Fully customizable to include any other features or functions as desired
- Provides an effective intra-campus communication platform for students, instructors and administrators
- Consist of a robust eLearning component
- Provides Offline/Online capabilities, making it possible to adopt without heavy internet infrastructure
- Provides push notification for mobile devices
- Built with cutting edge mobile technology paradigms
- Clear, friendly and easy to adopt user interface
- Enables paid advertisements and paid news feeds for possible revenue generation.
FEATURES (FOR END USERS)
- Learning and examination tips for students and prospective students of tertiary institutions
- Current academic information about entry into tertiary institutions in Nigeria
- Free access to Schoolmate Modules (as sponsored by Daylight Foundation)
- Paid access to Schools Online (as provided by Partner Institutions)
- Free virtual classroom setup for certified teachers
- Earning opportunities for students and teachers
- Serves as a powerful notification and reminder tool for all important dates and events associated with your learning pursuits